Drumpellier Golf Club
Drumpellier Golf Club is seeking a suitably qualified Bar Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and pro-active candidate, ideally with a proven track record of Bar Management.
Drumpellier Golf Club is a private member’s club, established in 1894, situated in the west end of Coatbridge just 8 miles east of Glasgow. The Club has well over 600 members including playing and non-playing members. The Clubhouse has a large bar facility which services the main lounges and separate dining room. The main bar area and dining room have panoramic views over the Golf Course and capacity for both areas are approximately 120 and 60 people at any one time.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver an excellent and varied bar management experience for both the members and visitors alike and at the same time manage and develop the staff reporting to this position.
Previous experience in Golf Club areas would be preferred but not essential.
The position of Bar Manager should deliver in the following areas:
• Compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations, Licencing, Permitting and any other licencing/regulations associated with operating a licenced premise.
• A great communicator with a general interest in people who is also bright and friendly.
• Excellent customer service.
• Work well as part of a team or on your own.
• Availability to work shifts, including evenings and weekends as per business needs.
• Being responsible for the ensuring the property is made secure at the end of each day.
• Ideally Barista trained/experienced, however training will be given.
Your Duties will include:
• Meeting customers’ expectations in a timely manner.
• Working with other departments and franchises within the Club.
• Organising Social Events throughout the year
• Keeping a well-stocked bar and maintaining cellar stock to ensure no interruption in availability.
• Preparation and management of staff rota, taking into account changing priorities and demands.
• Carrying out regular stock-takes and ordering as necessary.
• Handling deliveries
• Maintaining the condition of all bar apparatus including cleaning of all pipes.
• Assisting in the development of budgets.
• Adhering to budgets.
This is a full-time position with a salary being structured to a minimum of 39 hours per week with the expectation that these hours will not be fixed and weekend working will be required. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Candidates should apply in writing or by email, submitting a covering letter and proposal along with details of all relevant experience and an up-to-date CV to:
The General Manager, Drumpellier Golf Club, Drumpellier Avenue, Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, ML5 1RX