£9.92 per hour + excellent benefits
37.5 hours per week – Part-Time hours considered and the opportunity to work additional hours
121 Watley’s End Road provides a 24 hour service that supports 14 adults with learning disabilities and complex health needs. Situated in Winterbourne the home is easily commutable from Bradley Stoke, Downend, Mangotsfield and Yate.
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and hardworking Cook to join our friendly team. You will be responsible for all aspects of running a safe, clean kitchen and delivering a varied menu of healthy, delicious meals.
Mealtimes are an important occasion to the people we support in their home, not just to gain good nutrition but also to socialise, and enjoy flavours and colours.
Many of the people we support have specific needs, where their food must be prepared in the right way so that they can safely enjoy their meals. For example, they may have difficulty chewing and swallowing and need softer foods prepared following IDDSI guidelines. Others may need to manage their weight, have food intolerances or have diabetes. If you don’t have experience in this training will be provided.
YOU: The successful Cook will:
• Have experience and knowledge to maintain good kitchen hygiene standards.
• Either be a qualified chef or have experience in preparing and delivering meals in a professional setting.
• Manage your own workload as there will be multiple tasks that need to be carried out throughout the shift.
• Communicate effectively with staff and residents, as you will be an essential part of the team that makes this home a great place to live and work.
• Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is essential that staff are able to drive.
In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
• Up to 26 days’ holiday and 8 days’ bank holiday entitlement
• Family friendly/work-life balance policies
• Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
• Free parking at most Trust services
• Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
• Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust.
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust.
For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Julia Reid on
Please note: All staff that work or have a professional reason to visit care homes/CQC registered services are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, unless they have evidence that they are medically exempt from the requirement, as set out in DHSC Guidance on mandatory vaccination. This may be a condition of an employment offer.
We continue to deliver safe, high quality care and support in line with Government guidance. More details of our response can be viewed here:
Milestones Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all the individuals that it supports, it expects the same commitment from all employees. If successful at interview an enhanced DBS check will take place. (Formerly CRB) A criminal record is not necessarily a barrier to recruitment. Committed to Equality and Diversity for all. Registered Charity No. 294377.